Thanksgiving is officially over and December has arrived! That means it’s time to start adding some festive touches to your home for the holidays! Transforming your lake space into a cozy winter wonderland can sometimes be a job in itself. That’s why the LakeTown team is here to share our top 5 tips for decorating your home for the holidays.
- Start decorating early: Our recommendation is to start decorating for Christmas right when Thanksgiving ends. Starting the day after, focus on slowly incorporating festive touches to each room of your lake home. By the time Christmas finally rolls around, your home will be completely decked out in Holiday Décor!
- Decide on a color palette: Do you want to stick with a classic red and green theme around your home? Or be a little more unique with your decor by incorporating blues and metallics? It’s up to you, but we recommend you decide on the general direction of your color palette before starting to aimlessly purchase items. That way, all of your décor will fit together cohesively and seamlessly in your home.
- Incorporate neutrals & warm whites: By adding neutral whites and warm colors to your home, it will really help cozy up your space and transform it into a true winter oasis that you never want to leave. When in doubt, we suggest adding festive lights.
- Use real greenery when possible: There is nothing like fresh pine during the holiday season. If possible, go cut down a real Christmas tree or use fresh tree trimmings on your mantle. It will really liven up the space and make it smell amazing too!
- Invest in versatile décor: If you’re going to spend your money on Holiday décor you might as well purchase pieces that you can use the entire winter season, even past Christmas.